Revelation 19:11–16 (NKJV)
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS
This is a powerful description of the resurrected Christ:
- His Name is “Faithful and True.” This describes His Character. He is faithful in that He will always do exactly what He promises. He is true in that what He promises is always right and good.
- He makes righteous war. There will be judgment, but His judgment is right.
- He has flaming eyes. No one can dare to look at Him.
- He has many crowns on His head. He rules all the kingdoms of the world
- He has an indescribable name. His nature is so wonderful that it is past description.
- He has a robe dipped in blood; His own cleansing blood.
- His name is “The Word of God.” In the beginning was the Word! He is God’s message to us. He who has seen me has seen the Father.
- Out of His mouth goes a sharp sword. He will wage war through the word of His mouth.
- He will rule with a rod of iron. No one can escape from Him.
- He treads out the winepress of judgment. He will take complete and appropriate revenge for the saints.
- He has a name: King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Since Jesus is faithful, I can trust Him.
Since Jesus is righteously fighting evil, I must fear Him.
Since Jesus has an indescribable name, I will seek to discover what He is like.
Since Jesus is the Word of God, I will listen to Him and study what He said.
Since Jesus is the King of Kings, I will worship Him.
Today I will meditate on Who Jesus is!